* Above price is not applicable on any long wheel base vehicle. For any other make and model vehicle before 1990, a price is available upon request.
* Any LPG install vehicle will incur additional $50 + GST ($55 incl. GST)
* Some long wheel base vehicles will incur additional price, available upon request.
* Extra $10 will incur for PPSR check if applicable.*Second inspection may cost additional $55 (please ask us for further info.)
Pre Inspection: Pre-inspection prices are vary and it depends the car make, model and year. Please note, Pre-inspection is not RWC inspection and it is just a basic safety inspection, which does not involve taking any pictures or issuing pink slip for RWC. Additional costs will be involved if the customer requires a pink slip.
Why do you Need a Roadworthy Certificate?
It’s a requirement of the Victorian law that every car is issued with a valid Roadworthy Certificate. If you’re buying, selling or re-registering a car in Melbourne or the rest of Victoria, it’s against the law to do so without a Roadworthy.
Before you’re able to register a vehicle in your name, or change the registration into the name of the car buyer, the vehicle has to be tested for roadworthiness.
You must have your Roadworthy inspection carried out by a licensed vehicle tester in Melbourne, like Western Auto.
What is inspected?
Western Auto are dedicated to your safety on the road. To ensure your vehicle qualifies for a roadworthy certificate, we conduct a thorough inspection of multiple points in order to determine a roadworthy status:
- Wheels and tyres
- Steering, suspensions and braking systems
- Seats and seatbelts
- Lights and reflectors
- Windscreen, and windows including front wipers and washers
- Vehicle structure
- Other safety related items on the body, chassis or engine.
Just note, the roadworthiness test is not a check of a vehicle’s mechanical reliability. If your vehicle needs a comprehensive check we offer pre inspection check which may cover mechanical condition of the vehicle along with others roadworthiness components. please contact us to know more about roadworthy inspection or vehicle pre inspection.
Get your Cheap Roadworthy Certificate, Melbourne
Prepare your vehicle whether you’re buying, selling or re-registering. Go no further than your local car service station in Melbourne that’s authorised to carry out and issue roadworthiness inspections. Western Auto is in close proximity to the following areas:
- Sunshine West
- West Footscray
* But our services extends to entire Melbourne for all types of vehicle
For a fast, free quote, call Western Auto on 03 9314 6522. Alternatively, fill out our online form and our friendly staff will get back to you as soon as possible.
Call us to book in for your Roadworthy Certificate inspection.